Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day Hike - Mt. Zion, Chantry Flats






Yesterday, May 29th at 7AM, Alan picked me up and we headed for Chantry Flats for a hike to Mt. Zion. The loop can be made shorter or longer by changing the routes you take. Alan was feeling adventurous and let me decide our route as we went along. Total time was about 6 hours and distance was almost 9 miles total. The only soreness I had today was in my calves and shins because I did a more strenuous hike last weekend that worked my butt, thighs, and arms. I'm hoping to either walk 30 minutes per day or go on hikes with Alan when I can to get toned and maybe lose 10 pounds. I'll post info on the previous hike later when I get more data about our trip. The pictures may be pretty but the hike was not easy the entire way up to Mt. Zion. There were annoying flies and mosquitoes that would not be repelled by even Deet lotion, one got me :-( On the way down and uphill hiker told us he saw a baby rattlesnake and I was so nervous for a while until we got back into the cooler areas of the woods. This was my first hike at Chantry Flats of the year and I really hope it's not the last.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment