Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Night Marinade

Tonight's dinner was inspired last night while watching Sandra Lee's TV show. She used chicken drumsticks to make a quick dinner, I ran to the freezer before I could forget to put down some that I had in there. Today I went onto the Food Network web site and looked up recipes for the drumsticks and found a very highly rated recipe by Ina again (Barefoot Contessa). I food saved the drumsticks in the marinade for about 3 hours and grilled them on my cast iron skillet. I also made a variation of her side dish with red bell peppers and red onions that was fast an delicious. Sergio asked if I added sugar to the vegetables, nope, all natural sweetness. I did not add the basil but it turned out great. The only exercise I got today was from doing 2 loads of laundry, tomorrow I'll get out to walk at least 30 minutes. Below are links to the two recipes I used today.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tequila-lime-chicken-recipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-red-peppers-with-basil-oil-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment