Monday, August 10, 2009

I love my griddle

Why is it that when I cook on my cast iron griddle the meal feels healthier? Today I decided to cook some boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the griddle. I cut off the excess fat and seasoned with garlic salt and Jamaican jerk seasoning. I sprayed my griddle with PAM, let it get hot and then put them on the grill. I think the secret is making sure the griddle is hot enough and not messing with it once it's down.
The griddle I use is large enough to lay across to burners. The center of the griddle gets hot too but not hot enough to cook protein, in my opinion. In the center I grilled red and yellow onions sliced 1 inch thick until they had beautiful grill marks and where soft and sweet. I served the chicken with the onion "patties" and a side of what I call Italian salad. It has red onions (raw and sliced thin), cucumbers (seeded), and tomatoes (seeded) tossed in balsamic vinaigrette.

As I started writing this I remembered I was supposed to take a picture! In the words of Charlie Brown "ARGH!"

By the way, my chicken was so super juicy and Sergio claims he could give up all candy if he could get sweet grilled onions instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment