Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dude, I made Risotto!

Garden Risotto

Again, I have to say that Hell's kitchen has influenced my thinking on a dish, and that is risotto.  If you've ever seen an episode, you know that Chef Gordon Ramsey will ream his chefs if they mess up the risotto.  I have never even tasted risotto or seen it on a menu, but I decided to try it when I found this recipe.  I bought some asparagus at the farmer's market and happened to have some precooked sausages in the fridge.  It took a lot of effort, in that I couldn't take my eyes off if for more than a few seconds at a time.  The consistency changed after about 20 minutes, two minutes longer than on the recipe.  Sergio gave it two thumbs up and I thought it was like indulging in something decadent and bad for you, but it's only 250 calories per serving.  My only modifications were omitting the frozen vegetables, and adding chopped garlic.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment