Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pancakes from Scratch

   I know this is supposed to be a blog about fitness, exercise and good food, but this recipe did something to me.  It convinced me that I would never again buy pancake mix for as long as I live.  I hate to admit that I've lost track of how many times I've made this recipe, but it never ever fails.  I've learned too that the best way to cook them is on an electric griddle if possible.  They turn out beautiful, fluffy, golden and delicious.  This recipe is from the Food Network website courtesy of Tyler Florence.  He includes pecans and maple butter, but I have never actually used that part of the recipe.  I have used the base pancake recipe and added my own fruits.  I prefer bananas, in the pancakes, and Sergio prefers blueberries.  While he was away this week I used some left over batter and had breakfast for dinner.  We had bought strawberries fresh from the field, in Chino, and I topped my pancakes with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.  It was amazing!!   The batter keeps in the fridge, but I have never let go more than a couple of days.  I have tried freezing it, which actually lends to a consistency more similar to the first day you make it after defrosting it.  I'll try to post something a little more figure friendly next time.

Banana and Pecan Pancakes with Maple Butter
  
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment