Saturday, July 24, 2010

Counting Calories

Now that I can't use the excuse of needing to study for an exam I've been back to taking care of my body again.  I'm in the home stretch of being able to say that I am in my late twenties and I really want to be a habit of exercise and eating healthy by the time I turn the big 3-0.  I got back into my morning routine of doing anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour of circuit training.  I also downloaded a free app for my Droid called Calorie Counter.  It's a pain to use on home cooked meals but it normally will scan any barcode and compute your RDI.  Sergio is much more patient with the program, even going as far as adding up everything I put into a recipe and converting cups to ounces and back again in order to figure out the right serving size.  Does doing all that count towards calories lost? No.  Anyways, I really enjoy cooking and after a few weeks of this I hope to just get the hang of what 1600 calories feels like.  I think I get it now after just over a week, I was hungry!  But wow, it really works, Sergio lost 6 pounds and I dropped 3 in just 5 days, and we've kept it off so far.  This is going to seem like a lot of posts all at once but I've been procrastinating with the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment