Thursday, October 18, 2012

Black Bean Brownie

They can't all be winners right?  Well, this recipe had a thumbs down from Sergio but I can stop eating them.  He sas they taste like a power bar, I feel like I am getting to eat a rich chocolate brownie.  I absolutely loathed the black beans at Dave and Buster's when I worked there, I would always modify and get something else as a side.  This recipe has taught me they are indeed edible.  But since Sergio and I are completely split on this one, you'll have to be the judge.



1/2 cup Cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can black beans
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups pitted dates
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup walnuts (optional)


Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Start the food processor, then add the dates one at a time until finished. Add the flour until evenly blended. Shut off the food processer and stir in the nuts. Spread into a 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Tastes best chilled in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment